Monday, October 13, 2008

Home is where the heart is!!....Do you think so??

October 8th, 2008....Time:18:30

I couldn't wait to complete my tasks for the day and head back home.....Was waiting all through the day for this.............

And why??

I wasn't planning on catching up with friends (or) party my head off (or) watch an interesting movie (or) go on a nice long drive (or) go out shopping (or) throw a surprise party...................(so why was I so excited???)

My volvo bus was scheduled to leave at 22:30...........to Coimbatore (Huh??)

(I don't think most of you would even know where Coimbatore is located. If you really wish to know, take a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coimbatore)

Snippet:

I have lived for more than 10 years in this city, and love this place!! I made life's best buddies here, ate the best and yummiest FOOD I could ever ask for...studied in a fantastic school....graduated from a not so great college (but met my partner here, so yeah! it was great for me in a way!!! :-D ) learnt the do's and dont's in life.....got to live in MY OWN HOUSE......

and lotssss of other interesting stuff.......

And here I was all set to leave to the city that I have always loved!!! And because I was going with my family, it was all the more exciting!! Felt like the 'Good Old Days' again!! :-)

So it all started with a not-so-comfortable journey...I kind of realised that traveling by bus isn't going to help me in future....Out of the 7 hrs journey, if I remember correctly...I would have slept for around 12 minutes....

Anyway, that didnt bother me much as I knew I'd be there on my cosy bed in a few hrs.... :-)

And there you go....to my surprise...we reached pretty early... (Something which has never happened when I've travelled by myself!) ....

Ahhhhhhhhh....It was so good to be home.........climbing those stairs (I never use the elevator, btw!)....and finally took out my fancy keychain (with the michelin logo on it!) and unlocked the door....................

and ALAS!! .....NO POWER!!!! well, perhaps one of those unplanned power cuts that every city in India normally has...Big Deal! It would certainly be restored in no time.....

And waited..............1hr.........................2hrs.......................3hrs....................4hrs................5hrs

And by this time, not only was I red with fury but also sweating ...like I was in the middle of the Sahara desert!!! My cosy-comfortable-soothing house had just turned into a FURNACE!!!!

I then learnt that the city had been scorching for the last few weeks and was experiencing the worst climatic condition ever (What timing!!) ....and that's not it...

there's more to it....Due to shortage in electricity, the city mayor had decided to go ahead and have a load shedding system in place!! (Talk about ways of building the infrastructure of a city!!) .....and the decision was 7hrs of power cut EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
What the hellllllllll !!!!!
So you probably would have guessed what my 4 day so-called vacation was like!
The only different thing I possibly did was dining out at italian restaurants. Didnt find it so fascinating even!! All I wished for is to get back to B'lore as sooooonnn as I could.
I hated every bit of the city...the weather, the power cuts, the fact that there was NOTHING entertaining to do, .....
And what puzzled me was, this city NEVER seemed to change....it has stayed stagnant all along..
We all change....Time changes everything and everybody
As you grow up, your needs and your lifestyle change as well...
Perhaps, when I was much younger I loved the place as I had friends around, school and college kept me busy...so I didnt have much time to actually laze around.
and now when I visited the city I loved so much, I kind of realised that i didnt quite feel that way any more.
Hmmm....life itself is so transient....
You like something today and tomorrow you get so bored of it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

U never take the lift btw?!?! really? only in your bldg or generally?!!? :O