Friday, January 30, 2009

The Bucket List



The Bucket List is a comedy drama which released in 2007. Its a story which revolves around 2 terminally ill men who decide to escape from a cancer ward in order to head off on a road trip - a trip with a wishlist of TO-DOs before they "KICK THE BUCKET"!
Here's a review of the movie: Bucket List

I was watching a couple of scenes from the movie and it suddenly struck me - What are the things that I would want to do before I "KICK THE BUCKET"! Ok, doesn't sound like a fancy thought - but hey, all of us have wish lists, don't we? And all I'm saying is that we don't have to come up with it only when we feel we're done with LIFE! Wouldn't it be better to write them down now and work towards it through the years?

So here is my "BUCKET LIST" (subject to changes)

1) Resume SWIMMING classes (and this time for a change - LEARN TO SWIM)
2) Trip to the Himalayas
3) Get my hands on an AUDI-A8!! Whow!!
4) Buy my own house
5) Visit all the wonders of the world
6) Hold a python around my neck (It's not weird!)
7) Make a Tanjore painting
8) Resume Singing (Carnatic music)
9) Learn to play the guitar
10) A trip to Dubai and visit my school and friends (GOOD OLD MEMORIES)
11) Walk with stilettos
12) Visit Universal Studios and Disneyland!
13) Bungee jumping (I'll keep this to the end - not sure if I'll survive through it :-p)

Hmmmm....tough list! Can't imagine the feeling when I actually achieve all of it! :-D
Brings a SMILE to my face!

7 comments:

Bg said...

You can do many right away -
Walk in stilettos, tanjore painting, carnatic classes, guitar, swimming everything is possible. Your a lazy bum though.

Nithya said...

@Bg
Stilettos - I'm not so confident as of now!
tanjore painting - have to hunt for a class here
carnatic class - planning to join after I shift houses
Guitar - thought if I get a raise I'd buy one...now that might not happen
swimming- I'm scared :-p

Nithya said...

@BG - I thought you'd mention something about UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! :'-( Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Sob! Sob!

ruki said...

hey Nithya.. there's a gud art class in blore i went to, not sure if he teaches Tanjore though, let me know if u want the #. and must say the AUDI A8 was the best among them :)!

Sangeetha Mugunthan said...

I'm yet to watch the movie, although I have been told it's awesome....
By the way, I had posted something similar to your 'bucket list'...only mine's a 'to-do list' and I too wanted to get back to swimming and learn to play a musical instrument :-)

Nithya said...

@Ruki - I know man! Audi ROCKS!!
yes, please fwd me the number!

@Sangeetha - I say you pull up your socks and resume swimming. Its an amazing sport. I'll read your TO DO list soon! :-)

Suma said...

After reading your wishlist....I feel like making a list of mine. Phew!!! I have to do a lot of things!!! Thanks for being a reminder...he he e :D.
Mujhe na shak hota hai...how will you walk with such hight heels!!!!!!