Friday, January 9, 2009

F.U.E.L Woes

When do you find yourself in such situations?
- How do I get to work?
- I need to reach the hospital
- Will my provisions be delivered?
- Will I find any vegetables in the market?
- How am I going to shift to my new apartment?
- When will life get back to NORMAL??

HOW?....WHEN?.......

Well, I'm not sure how many of you get up in the morning just to find out that the country's 37,000 fuel stations are all dried up. All the Public Sector Oil companies are on an indefinite strike!!
Certainly not the best way to start off your morning! Gosh, I was so annoyed with myself for not filling up my vehicle's fuel tank the previous day - partially because of my laziness to go to the gas station which is about 100 meters from my place. Arghhh!!
All the gas stations had barricades outside. Nowhere was there fuel of any kind! And I stared at the road wondering how a normal, routine life comes to a halt without FUEL!
All I could see on the NEWS - people running with cans to the nearest gas station, vehicles coming to a halt, vegetable prices rising due to transportation woes.....OH MAN!! All because of that one simple yet EXTREMELY ESSENTIAL element without which life feels so crippled.
Isn't there a way out?....and then it just hit me that I was already late. How am I going to get to work? I decided to go by the Volvo! :-(
Feel so handicapped without my bike....Ouch!!!
And there I was trying to find an autorickshaw to get to the d@mned bus-stop. I landed up paying triple the amount than I would on a normal day!! :-(
Well, anyway...I reached work.....Still feel so helpless without my bike!
....I'm going to take the shuttle from work. Hope these guys don't throw me out as I don't have a valid pass!! If they do, then you'll find another blog about how I strolled back home!!
Alrighty, got to run.....

3 comments:

ruki said...

just heard abt the fuel strike in India from home.. was imagining wht life in the US would be without it.. i think there wudn't be any :)

Bg said...

MUhahahhaha. No valid pass? Beware! We did this quite a few times :P

Nithya said...

@Ruki - Oh gosh, it's terrible! Everything just comes to a stop. I guess, in a few years we'll all have resume cycling!!

@BG - Heehhee...Tell me about it! I travelled 3 years like this back in college :-p