Monday, February 2, 2009

Economic Crunch



Job Cuts, Lay-offs, economic crunch, financial slowdown, retrenchment, recession - the BUZZ words for the current financial year! And everyone's experiencing the pinch of it!

Infact I was just looking at the Layoff tracker on Forbes. The numbers look scary!

The biggest economic turmoil I've ever witnessed. And in some way or the other it has affected all levels of employment. Jobs are at stake - One day you're earning big bucks and the next day you have a pink slip at your desk. No hikes, no promotions, no bonuses - Elements that were considered default with every year of work have now become void!

I now hear people say "Who cares about the bonus; I want my job intact"!

Massive job cuts across the globe have got people thinking "Where is this heading off to". People have started to cut down expenditure on everything - clothing, food, accommodation, travel....Everyone's beginning to feel the crunch.

MONEY has made man so dependent on it that without it he's like a drowned fish!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahhhhhhhhhh :((((

Sangeetha Mugunthan said...

Tell me about!!!
I am not able to get a job because of it.

Nitin said...

hi Nithya...loooong time...how did you find my blog ? yea, the economic crunch is crazy...its even worse in the UK...maybe one good thing that might come from it will be that people are prudent with their money in future...

thnx for ur b'day wishes :)...the chocolate wrapper collection started in 9th standard...hehe...I even applied to the Guinness book...long story...anyway, hope ur doing well and takecare

Suma said...

I am feeling the heat now!
I never realised how important savings were. Mom always scolded me to save money and now I know how important it is and that too in this situation.
Hope god gives us strength to live through this terrible phase!

Nithya said...

@Pooja - Don't cry. We all are sailing in the same boat :-p

@Sangeetha - I really hope you find a job soon.

@Johny - I don't how all of us are gonna survive through this..
Btw, what's your real name? ;-)

@Suma - Let's all save up some money and go on a trip to M'lore...What say?? :-) Pooja, you thr?