Thursday, April 16, 2009

Board Games

I mentioned about board games in my previous post; so thought I should share my favorite board games till date:

1) Monopoly (the best ever!!)
2) Cluedo (amazing and exciting!)
3) Pictionary (Simply love this when I travel! Its fun to play this with a big group)
4) Carroms (hate it when I lose :-p )
5) Life (Time pass, monopoly is nicer!)
6) Scotland Yard (Fun to be the thief!)
7) Ludo :-) (when i'm really bored!)
8) Snakes and ladders
9) Chess (Only when the person I play with isn't as good as I am :-p...Unfortunately that's never the case)

Oh and this is for all the Tamil folks....I was amazed when I went to this Toy shop last week and actually saw Pallanguli in the entire stack of board games...Reminded me of the days when I just got introduced to the game. Used to play it with my paati (grandmom)...and loved it!! What's impressing is the very idea of the game and the fact that we used to play it with shells!! :-)
So it's out there in the market...go get one for yourself!! :-)

Happy GAMING!! :-)

10 comments:

Pooja Shetty said...

What is Pallanguli?

Suma said...

U reminded me of our childhood days! Hey pallanguli?? Is it the game which has a board ith depressions and u need to fill in shells in them?

Nithya said...

@Pooja - Check the link: http://www.indianetzone.com/13/pallanguli.htm

@Suma - Yes, you are right! However, you can play it either with shells or tiny pebbles!

Anonymous said...

or tamarind seeds alias puliangottai.

Arunima said...

i love ludo cos we used to paly it as a family. tht was out bonding time.

Nimme said...

Nithya,

Actually there was a board game called Chinese checker. It is an very interesting game!

I think at this age there is no company to try out such games :(! Childhood has best memories of those games!

Everytime i tried to play chess i end up getting headache.

SmartMom??? said...

Hey, signup for "club.live.com"

Many games there are what we used to play during class in college.

Nithya said...

@ashes2087 - :-)
@Arunima - I agree with you totally!
@Nirmal - Ya, its sad no one has the time these days :-( ...I miss playing those board games!
@Rhythm - Hey, what was that game we used to play during our lab sessions...I used to be terrible at it...Vivek and you always used to team up and win....I don't seem to remember the game!

Prabhu said...

There's a game called "Risk".

Try that one. Mighty awesome

Nithya said...

@maximus - Oh Yes....I have played that game...
How on earth did I miss that out from my list!! :-S...
It's an amazing game...!!