Monday, April 6, 2009

Back....after a long break!

I'm back.........after a long break....not exactly a well-deserved break, ..but a period of stress, long hours at work, sleepless nights, worries, tensions....blah, blah, blah...
And these rough yet exciting days will be back soon....even before I could realise it.. SIGH!!
So thought I'd make the most of my time (at work) by getting back to what I used to enjoy doing most...BLOGGING! This is how I reward myself for all those SINCERE hours of productive work that I've put in (Ok, I know I have a depressing life...DUH!)

Hmmm....now when you tend to break from the routine WRITING cycle (in my case that works both on the personal and professional front), there's always a tough task ahead of you - and that is to think of WHAT to write! :-)

I'm going to sum up all the events of the last few weeks....
(in no particular order)

1) Hmmm....Ahhhh...the OSCARS...!! I remember watching the event LIVE on TV...and it was time for me to head off to work...With much of disgust, I decided to leave...Arghh!!
Soon as I got to work, I got an SMS from my mom saying "Rahman won the Oscar for best musical score" ...
I felt on top of the world!! I was so happy and thrilled that he won it!! All that hard work had finally paid off!!
(However, I feel if Slumdog could fetch him an Oscar, what about the rest of the movies for which he's directed? ....I'll put down my thoughts on this in another post!)

2) My house renovation - I have stopped thinking about it...Things out here are way too hard to plan and I have no idea when I'm going shift. This is has taken the life out of me and my family. Our weekends have been highly exciting - Cemented walls, saw dust, paint-shopping, bathroom-accessories-shopping, lights, curtains, ...oh and a hell a lot of yelling at everyone who decides to do the work! Only if they DID, it would have saved us a lot of energy!!

3) Recession - This has been a tough month! Things have changed a lot at home and at work. And its getting awfully tough to accept the reality.....
I hate everything about the recession - there is just too much of change in every single thing that you do - and life isnt all that hunky-dory as it used to be!

4) Life at work - Hmmm....been tough for the last 2 months! Got to witness and experience a whole lot of things...but certainly worth the effort! Completed my first official release ...YAY!! ... but this was with a lot of compromise...fewer hrs spent with family, keeping in touch with friends was almost forgotten, stress levels were much higher, mood swings, late hrs at work and having to ride back home late (This place isnt all that safe!) ....anyways...!! I guess I'll be back to a similar routine in a few weeks...Sheesh!

5) A friend of mine got engaged! -- YAYYY...!!! Can't wait for her wedding!! :-)
A friend of mine is going to have a baby - YAYYYY again!! I think its a girl!! :-)

6) My trip to Kushalnagar - It was the best trip till date!! The most relaxing and fun-filled weekend in a long time! I had a great time!
Hogged like a pig, put on a few extra kilos (I don't feel bad about it!), went swimming (got tanned big time!...that's bothering me a bit!), played badminton, cricket, pampered the doggies there, played cards, carrom, chess, ...oh gosh! I did a whole lot of stuff!! It was amazing!! Next destination - thinking about OOty!! :-)

7) My summer cut - Got a hair cut....and really short...Its not that I look my age...but this certainly got me looking like a kid all over again....well, its to beat the heat!! ;-)

8) Talking about the heat - Oh man! What on earth is up with the weather? Its soaring out here...I hate it! And I hate riding to work in this heat! YUCK!!
Oh GOD, I can't wait to feel the rains! I don't even remember what its like when it RAINS!! Wahhhhhh!!! :-(

9) Shopping - I remember I had some gift coupons which I had to use within a week before the validity could expire. I thought I'd buy myself something upto what the coupons amounted to (considering the recession..blah blah)...and yes, I did..but slightly went overboard...I landed up shelling out an additional 4000 bucks! ...Well, you can say it was the stress and the fact that I hadnt shopped in a long time that I landed up doing this! DUH!

10) Miss my fiance way too much these days! Its killing! Nothing I could about it...SIGH!! :-(

11) Hmmm....banged my head on a garden seat while trying to rest my head...and eversince I've been having these awful headaches....OH GOD!! What's next???

There are a whole lot of other things that I want to write down...but beginning to feel hungry! I need to grab a quick bite...which would mean I need to leave work NOW - which would take me 45min - 1 hr to reach home....getting awfully sick in the traffic....Hmmphh!!
Signing off, Ciao!

5 comments:

Suma said...

Hmmmm! Felt like you were narrating these incidents to me in person. Thoroughly enjoyed your writing.

Nithya said...

@Suma - Thx!! Miss you so much at work :-(

Unknown said...

I loved the way u went on from topic to topic, u started with wat to write? and then... :) loved all the topics u mentioned and i was so happy tht i knew all tht u were updating us abt! :)

Friend getting engaged, and friend having baby! Wow! Both my fav events in the world! All the best to them both :)

Nithya said...

@vandu - thx sweetie!! :-)
Oh and yes, ....i agree with you on the fav events!! It's a great feeling!

ArunnurA said...

got an update on what u ve been upto these days :)... nice summary of events...