Thursday, April 16, 2009

Monotony.... (SIGH!)

What does it take to break the monotony of your daily routine?

...I have no idea??!!...I feel like I'm 60 without having the thought of what to do next :-s

Man, thoughts like this at my age is not such a great sign, is it? :-s
For the whole of last week (actually almost 3 weeks - I feel guilty for saying that) I've been trying to do something productive (Well, that's what I'm paid for you see). But somehow just haven't managed to get my mind tuned to WORK efficiently.
Just a few weeks back, I was so involved with work that I used to be glued to my monitor for hours together. I used to avoid going for tea breaks too; and now I keep looking at my watch every 15 min. I come every morning to work, and start talking about lunch :-s....Yeah, what a depressing life!! SIGH!

I've been playing a lot of Sudoku and also solving a lot of web puzzles...
For some reason, my colleagues and I were talking about the different kinds of board games we've played...And eversince I've been reading about them on wikipedia... :-s
Infact I'm thinking if I should bring some of them to work...to break the monotony!! But, not sure if I'll be the only one playing it eventually...SOB!!

I think I would have logged in to Facebook, linkedin, gmail about 10 times during the day....realise that its about time I started work, then decide to push it by another 10 min....and by the time I realise its 5pm and I'm done for the day! :-p ...

Right now...I'm listening to Rehna Tu - Delhi 6 and looking at some lovely pics on Facebook...
That reminds me ...isn't it time for my evening Chaii...
Got to run!! :-)
Ciao!

6 comments:

Pooja Shetty said...

hehe its ok dear, sort of a resting period after all the hard work for the last few months....and you'll bounce back soon, am sure :)

Suma said...

I agree with you...monotony is there everywhere these days. I am excited about my new work and its yet to come. I am tired of reading docs and ppts. Feel like partying!!! ;)

Nithya said...

@Pooja - Resting period for sure!! :-) ...All good times come to an end...SIGH!!!

@Suma - Partying....Me too!! I don't know why this reminded me of that trip to Fantasy Golf Resort!! And not to forget the YUMMMYY omelette we had for bfast!! I had 4!! :-p

SmartMom??? said...

I actually envy you. I am working here for 14-15 hours a day (on an average) for 6 days a week. Eagerly waiting for coming to office and doing nothing.


Enjoy till it lasts man. When the time comes they will surely squeeze all the juice out of you :)

Akshatha said...

Hey Nithya, this post is reminding me of our office days. I always used to wait to clock in 9.5 hrs so that I could run home :)

Unknown said...

i felt the monotony in the post! :) Well written, definitely sure every person in the world will relate to it :)